Tomatillo-fingerling Pizza, with Thyme
Pizza dough - I used this recipe, which has worked out beautifully every time I use it.
~2 T fresh oregano
1 t sea salt
1 T olive oil
10 fingerling potatoes
~3 T fresh thyme
1. Make pizza dough according to recipe above.
While dough is resting, make the toppings and sauce.
Preheat oven to 425.
2. Slice potatoes thin - approximately 1/8" thick. If you have one, a mandolin is extremely helpful for this task.
3. Cook sliced potatoes in microwave until starting to soften - approximately 10 minutes.
While potatoes are cooking, make the sauce.
4. Remove husks from tomatillos and place in blender with oregano (including stalks is fine), sea salt, and 1 T olive oil. Blend until relatively smooth; leaving it a little chunky is ok.
5. By now your dough should have rested enough. If you have a pizza stone use that, but if not, roll out your dough, place parchment paper on a baking sheet, and place the rolled dough on the prepared baking sheet.
6. Spread tomatillo sauce evenly over dough. Let potato slices cool so you don't burn your fingers, and then layer them evenly over the dough. Should be about enough for one solid layer. Sprinkle the leaves of thyme evenly across the potatoes. Drizzle olive oil over top.
7. Bake for 16-18 minutes, until edges of dough start to brown.