Like my Tomatillo-fingerling pizza with thyme, this goes beautifully with a glass of refreshing white wine. The perfect relaxing summer meal, it created just the right peaceful atmosphere for Shabbat dinner. I hope it finds you enjoying it at a wonderfully perfect relaxing moment as well. :)
Worst picture ever, but I promise it tastes amazing!Cantaloupe Leek Pizza
Pizza dough: I use this recipe
4 leeks, chopped
2/3 cantaloupe, cut in small pieces
3 T chopped fresh sage
1 C Follow Your Heart mozzarella cheese, shredded (You can of course use any vegan cheeze you like, but in this case I really like FYH because it's a little less cheezy, and just melds in with the other ingredients.)
1. Make pizza dough according to the recipe above
2. Preheat oven to 500.
3. Saute leeks in olive oil with a little salt and pepper until soft and caramelized.
4. Spread leeks over flattened pizza dough.
5. Saute cantaloupe in same pan, allow juice to reduce somewhat. Stir in fresh sage and fresh black pepper. Remove from pan and spread over the pizza dough.
(You may want to spoon the cantaloupe and sage out of your pan and leave the juice behind. This isn't always necessary, but this last time that I made it there was more juice than I wanted on my pizza. I saved the extra flavorful juice and will make something else interesting with it!)
6. Sprinkle "cheese" over top of pizza.
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is golden.