Saturday, March 24, 2012

Guacamole

I was just discussing with my brother (as he, the omnivore, made me and my mom a beautiful vegan Shabbat dinner :) ) how guacamole is one of those dishes that seems oh so impressive - but really it is the easiest thing in the world.  This time around I played with it a little bit based (as always) by what I had around.  Also based on the fact that I don't like my guac crunchy, and often recipes will call for diced red onions.  I got a little bit of that flavor by using onion powder (just a little, as onion powder is also not my favorite thing), and created a wonderful easy guac.  So wonderful that I may have eaten the whole bowl for dinner.  I wanted to pass the "recipe" on to you here, because a good guacamole should be in any vegans repertoire.  And it's so easy!

Prepping...

Ready to serve!  And devour.  :)

Single Serve Guacamole
Feel free to increase the portions to have enough to bring to, and be the hit of, a party.

1 avocado
1 plum tomato
2 T crushed pineapple
1 T diced garlic
1 t onion powder
1/8 t cayenne pepper

1.  Cut open avocado, and remove pit.  Scoop insides out and cut up into smallish pieces.

2.  Chop tomato.

3.  Mix avocado, tomato, and all remaining ingredients.  Smash as needed to get guac to your desired consistency.  

Serve!

0 comments:

Post a Comment