Friday, December 2, 2011

Miso Vinaigrette Snow Peas

Look at me blogging 2 days in a row again!  Trying to get better, and I just had to share this.  Two nights ago I went out to dinner at one of my favorite sushi restaurants (I get veggie rolls - love veggie rolls!), with someone who doesn't eat sushi, so he ordered chicken teriyaki instead.  Under the pile of chicken was a plateful of beautiful beautiful snow peas, and I wanted to steal one so badly.  Given they were smothered in chicken I didn't, but man I wanted snow peas after that, so yesterday I went out and bought them.  I could have just eaten them raw, or sauteed them up plain, but I was curiuos what other things I might do with them, so I went on a search through my Google reader.  (Have you started tracking your favorite blogs in a reader or some similar tool?  Best thing ever to keep up with what you want to read.)  Found and was inspired by this post, but since there's no recipe I had to make it up myself.  I think I did a pretty great job!  You'll have to give this a shot and see for yourself.  :)


Miso Vinaigrette Snow Peas

2-3 C snow peas
1 T olive oil
3 T miso
1 T apple cider vinegar (err on the side of less is more)
1 T water
1 t chopped garlic
(measurements approximate - add more to taste / consistency)

1. Heat olive oil in saute pan over medium low heat.  When hot, add peas and saute until beginning to soft and brown.

2. Meantime, mix miso, vinegar, water, and garlic in a small bowl.  When peas are ready, pour mixture into pan and saute for another minute or 2, allowing sauce to warm and caramelize a bit.

3. Enjoy!

Technically serves 2-3 as a side, but I'm pretty sure I could've eaten the whole thing...!

3 comments:

  1. Wow this looks wonderful, I am going to have to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google reader is my bff. Also, yummers, and veggie sushi is the best.

    ReplyDelete