Vegetarian seder plate, courtesy of Creative Commons here
So a quick sampling of possible Passover dishes, and links where I have them...
- My lunch today - some sort of quinoa salad / stir fry, most likely topped with some sort of cashew dill sauce, similar to here.
- Spinach pancakes, that I wrote about here.
- Want to try veganizing these banana almond butter pancakes with a flax egg for breakfast tomorrow
- MUST make these "Reese's" peanut butter eggs immediately
- And also from Chocolate-Covered Katie - I never thought I would miss macaroons, but now that I can't have the store-bought ones (because they all have eggs in them), I feel like I will miss them for Passover! So I will make my own and they will be awesome.
- All sorts of dips potentially for spreading on matzah - roasted red pepper based ones, cauliflower and pumpkin based ones, and maybe this raw broccoli "hummus"
- I'm sure eggplant will figure prominently (now that I've learned to like it!). Potentially like I wrote about here as a baked dish, here as baba ganoush, or trying this recipe for marinated eggplant that sounds divine.
- Some sort of potato kugel, like these simple mini ones, or perhaps something a little more fancy with leeks
- Here there is another eggplant possibility, for "nutty baked eggplant" and a cashew horseradish cream sauce. Yes please!
Suffice it to say that this is just the beginning of the possibilities, and I can't wait to get started! I hope this gives you some places to start too. Please let me know if you have any favorite Passover recipes that I should try - I'm excited to gather as many as possible.